Woll2Woll FirePower 4.1 (InfoPower FireMonkey) for RAD Studio and Delphi XE7
Woll2Woll issues an update to its InfoPower FireMonkey components (FirePower), allowing you to rapidly develop applications for Win32, Win64, Mac (OSX32), Android, and iOS devices and simulators using Embarcadero's RAD Studio. FirePower is a suite of user-interface components specifically designed for the Delphi FireMonkey library. See the overview for more details on the included components.
Central to our component suite design for FireMonkey are two powerful and flexible grid controls. Our FirePower grid components are designed to be incredibly fast, efficient, powerful, and flexible. They are designed to perform well on desktops, but take great advantage of the mobile interface, giving the end-user a natural experience in style, performance, and ease of use. Here are some of the capabilities of this grid.
- Embed custom controls such as buttons, combos, memos, checkboxes, switches lookupcombos, datepickers, and images into the grid. Absolutely no coding required for this. Also you can dynamically determine when custom controls are displayed based on the value of data for that record.
- Performance: These grid are highly optimized for the mobile space. in fact, you won't find any other FireMonkey grid that can match its speed and flexibility.
- Fixed column support, including editable fixed columns.
- MultiSelect support: Allows you to select multiple records with a checkbox or a switch in the grid and operate on them as a whole
- Codeless Validation constraints: Supports InfoPower’s robust validation languages for enforcing data constraints. Error handling and visual feedback can be centralized to give integrity to your data entry and to provide consistent visual feedback for your end-users.
- Flexible design time columns editor: Our columns designer is significantly enhanced over our VCL counterpart and you’ll be able to accomplish even more tasks without any coding.
- Integrate styles seamlessly with no effort on your part. Just change the style and the grid recognizes the changes. You can still override the grid’s fonts and colors when needed.
- Flexible painting : Customize colors/fonts based on a record or cell basis. Can display custom controls on a record by record basis instead of for every record. Custom painting of individual cells is also supported.
- Filtering - Use the grid with our new TwwSearchBox to get seamless filtering You can automatically allow the text to be searched on one or multiple fields and have the grid highlight the cells that match the text.
- In-memory support - Use with in-memory datasets such as the TClientDataSet or FireDAC to have a grid display and edit data independent of any physical file.
FirePower also includes the highly flexible TwwLayoutGrid (free format grid), which allows you to drop controls into a panel that are repeated vertically, horizontally, or both. This is particularly useful for the mobile space where a more open layout allows the developer to express the user-interface more intuitively. The standard vertical grid may not always be the ideal interface for multi-record display. InfoPower FM 3.0 greatly enhances its free format grid greatly improving its look and feel on the mobile space. allowing you smooth scrolling, and custom painting. It also supports the pre- loading of records giving you a remarkable and intuitive user experience when they interact with this component. The control also now displays sharply on retina displays for all records.
New in FirePower 4.0 is the TwwRecordViewPanel component giving you a flexible layout component specifically to edit a record. The component dynamically creates an editable panel based on your dataset's field properties. It removes the tedious job of building custom record editing forms, and lets you focus on which fields you want edited and in what order. Also new in FirePower 4.0's DataGrid is the ability to export data to various file formats (desktop only).
Other components included in our FirePower suite are the TwwLookupComboEdit, TwwComboEdit, TwwCalendarEdit, TwwCheckbox, TwwSwitch, TwwImageControl, TwwMemo, TwwEdit, TwwFilterDialog and searching components. Each has similar capabilities to its InfoPower VCL suite counterpart, including incremental searching, filtering, validation constraints for input including picture masks and regular expression masks.The TwwSearchBox adds the ability to perform a partial match search anywhere in the field value (previously only matches at the beginning were supported). Version 3.0 also adds settings to allow you to configure the filter syntax for different databases. TwwDataGrid – improves smoothness of scrolling on mobile devices, as well as more robust support for multi-selection of records. Validation language is now integrated across the mobile space giving a central way to manager the validity of your user's input. Also recently added are searching and lookup forms