DISQLite3 implements a self-contained, embeddable, zero-configuration SQL database engine for Delphi (Embarcadero / CodeGear / Borland).
- ACID transactions, even after system crashes and power failures.
- Zero-configuration – no setup or administration needed.
- Implements most of SQL-92.
- A complete database is stored in a single disk file.
- Supports terabyte-sized databases and gigabyte-sized strings and blobs. Self-contained: no external dependencies, no DLLs.
- Small footprint and smart linking: Only required code is compiled in, adding as little as 300 KB code space only.
- Full Text Search (FTS) with customizable tokenizer, prefix matching, and optional word stemming for 15 languages.
- Database AES encryption with SHA256 key generator.
Db.pasis not required, which allows DISQLite3 to compile with all flavours of Delphi, including Delphi Standard and Delphi Personal.
- Faster than popular database engines for most common operations.
- Simple, easy to use API.
- Database files created with DISQLite3 can also be accessed by Linux and MacOS using the SQLite3 libraries.
DISQLite3 provides a comprehensive list of functions and procedures to manage database records with ease and efficiency. It includes the full SQLite3 functionality, plus a number of Delphi specific extras:
- AnsiString, UnicodeString / WideString, and Variant support.
- Database and Statement wrapper classes.
- TDataSet support.
- TStream support for BLOBs.
- Growing number of Delphi example projects.
Despite of its rich set of features, a DISQLite3 database application can be realized with just three different function calls.
Pro and Personal Editions
DISQLite3 comes in two editions: DISQLite3 Personal and DISQLite3 Pro.
DISQLite3 Personal is free for personal, educational, and non-commercial use. It omits some functionality of DISQLite3 Pro, but does not compromize on essential features like ACIDtransactions, virtually unlimited database size, full text search, and others.
DISQLite3 Pro is required for commercial use and may be purchased online. It adds functionality usually desired by advanced users. This includes SQL triggers and views, arbitrary encryption passwords, user-defined SQL functions, and more. Since DISQLite3 Pro is fully compatible to the Personal edition, it is possible to upgrade existing projects without any code changes.
DISQLite3 5.8.2 – 22 Sep 2015
This is a bug fix release:
- Do not allow rowid in a UNIQUE or PRIMARY KEY constraint.
- Do not allow table-valued function syntax to be used on a view.
- Fix a problem with FTS5 "ORDER BY rowid DESC" queries and large terms.
- Fix a crash in FTS5 caused by specifying NULL as the rhs of a MATCH operator.
- Fix a memory leak and off-by-one error in the json1 extension.
- Fix json_set() so that it can overwrite a value that was previously overwritten during the same call.
- Fix an obscure bug in the initial output of json_tree() when using a path to an object contained within an array.
- Remove old refactoring code from DISQLite3_Full_Text_Search_Form_Main.pas which caused a (harmless) runtime error.