In this anticipated video series, Neal Ford and Mark Richards examine the responsibilities of a software architect, specifically the knowledge and skills you need to be effective in that role.
The first video in the series, Software Architecture Fundamentals Understanding the Basics , not only introduces development techniques, but also pinpoints the skills you need to be a successful team leader. You’ll learn about the four main aspects of a software architect, and quickly discover the difference between architecture decisions and technology decisions. In this video, you’ll explore:
- Investigate techniques for communicating effectively as a team leader
- Measure your technical knowledge, including technical depth vs. technical breadth, and multi-platform skills
- Discover how to increase your expertise of business domains
- Learn how ensure a successful implementation by matching methodology with architecture
- Make your architecture more adaptable to changes in business and technology
- Explore various techniques and patterns for integrating multiple applications and databases
- Get a true understanding of enterprise architecture by examining the context and goals of an EA implementation
The topics in this video set the stage necessary to understand the enterprise architecture approaches and strategies demonstrated in the series’ next video: Software Architecture Fundamentals Beyond the Basics.