ActiveReports has been the .NET reporting tool of choice for the world's best applications for over a decade. Key features include unmatched customization, fast performance, high quality, and multi-languagefeatures - all battle-tested in tens of thousands of applications worldwide.
ActiveReports brings Microsoft .NET developers everything from familiar Visual Studio integrated designers to extensive APIs. Create reports ranging in functionality from form-based reports such as invoices and insurance documents, to transaction reports such as sales and accounting, to analytical reports such as sales and budget analysis and portfolio analysis.
Take reporting further with:
- Data Visualization - Visualize your data using new graphical components, including; Maps, Bullets, Sparklines and more.
- Server - ActiveReports comes with an optional enterprise level scalable, load balanced and distributed Server Platform to help optimize your reporting deployments.
- Designer - With the optional ActiveReports Server Designer you can add self-service reporting for your end users in a few simple steps.
Features & Benefits
- Quality tested by tens of thousands of users - so you don’t have to - More than a decade ago, ActiveReports became the first reporting tool to work inside the Visual Basic IDE. Since then, the COM version - and now the .NET version - have not only been used by tens of thousands of developers, but also have become one of the only international reporting tools to be successfully localized, sold, and supported in Japan, Europe, China, India, and Korea.
Bottom line: ActiveReports is a proven reporting technology that just works right every time - even those features that are deemed "advanced" by our competition.
- Almost unlimited report customization - ActiveReports is the world's most flexible reporting tool for .NET. It offers an extensive codebehind, event-based API for report creation, plus the ability to hook into pretty much any reporting behavior at run time.Developers have long used ActiveReports to embed advanced reporting features into their applications - features that would otherwise be considered impossible to achieve.
- Intuitive Visual Studio report designer - ActiveReports was the world's first reporting tool that offered an easy-to-use report designer tightly integrated with Visual Studio - integration that began with Visual Basic over a decade ago and continues with Visual Studio 2015 today. The report designer also supports C# and third-party hosting controls and offers an extensive programming model for creating and customizing reports at run time.
- Broad data binding support - ActiveReports allows data binding to a variety of data sources for reporting - including run-time unbound data - and also allows changing data source properties to provide ad-hoc reporting. It supports OLEDB; XML; .NET SQL clients; .NET collections such as data sets, data views, and data tables; and any entity that supports the iList interface.
- Variety of export formats - ActiveReports allows you to export your reports into a variety of formats, including .PDF, HTML, .MHT, .RTF, Excel (.XLS), plain text (.TXT), comma-separated values (*.CSV), and image formats such as .BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .TIFF, .PNG, and .EMF.
- End-user reporting tools - ActiveReports allows you to host the report designer in your WinForms application and distribute it royalty-free. It also provides end-user report editing capabilities and easy access for saving and loading report layouts.
- Royalty-free licensing - The ActiveReports .NET reporting tool features flexible, royalty-free distribution. You can easily distribute it using .NET file copy techniques, or you can compile it into your application.