B4A includes all the features needed to quickly develop any type of Android app.
B4A is used by tens of thousands of developers from all over the world, including companies such as NASA, HP, IBM and others.
Together with B4i you can now easily develop applications for both Android and iOS.
v6.00 - June 20, 2016
New features and improvements:
- Compilation of artifacts from Android SDK maven repositories. This allows the compiler to include the classes and resources required by the referenced "feature".
- Firebase backend services. The following services are supported (more will be added in the future):
- Analytics & crash reports: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/firebaseanalytics-analytics-crash-reports.67708/
- Notifications / Push messages: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...-messages-firebase-cloud-messaging-fcm.67716/
- Ads: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...b-ads-integrated-with-firebase-backend.67710/
- Authentication with Google or Facebook accounts.
- RemoteConfiguration: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/firebase-remoteconfig.67801/#content (created by DonManfred!)
- Support for libraries that reference AAR libraries.
- Support for new format of Google Play Services (revision 30).
- Runtime permissions: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/67689/#content
- Debugger works properly with applications with android:targetSdkVersion set to 23.
- CreateResourceFromFile manifest editor command: converts the Json file from Google services to a resource file.
- Activity_PermissionResult event: raised after a call to RuntimePermissions.
- Warning engine and debugger were improved.
- B4A-Bridge was updated to use runtime permissions: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=anywheresoftware.b4a.b4abridge&hl=en
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements including:
- The B4A-Bridge indicator in the status bar is clickable. Toggles the connection state.
- Find subs and modules (Ctrl + E) can also be used to jump to a line number. Click Ctrl + E, enter the line number and press enter.
- Virtualization of TreeViews in the designer can be disabled by editing the INI file. It is a workaround for a .Net Framework issue that can cause the designer to freeze.