ADO.NET Provider for MailChimp with Entity Framework Support
dotConnect for MailChimp is an ADO.NET provider for working with MailChimp data through the standard ADO.NET or Entity Framework interfaces. It allows you to easily integrate MailChimp data into your .NET applications, and integrate MailChimp services with widely used data-oriented technologies.
dotConnect for MailChimp has the same standard ADO.NET classes as other standard ADO.NET providers: MailChimpConnection, MailChimpCommand, MailChimpDataAdapter, MailChimpDataReader, MailChimpParameter, etc. This allows you quickly get started with it and eliminates the need to study any MailChimp data access specificities.
Work with MailChimp Data Easily
dotConnect for MailChimp makes it simple to create .NET applications in C#, VB, or other languages, working with MailChimp data. It offers standard ADO.NET interface, and thus it's easy to master it. It's powerful design-time editors together with seamless Visual Studio integration allow you to work with MailChimp data with less efforts and less code writing. See how easy it is with dotConnect for MailChimp.
Connecting to MailChimp from Server Explorer
To create a Server Explorer connection, you just need to:
- Click Connect to Database on the Server Explorer toolbar
- Change Data Source to MailChimp Data Source
- Specify the login url to the data source, your MailChimp user id and password
That's all, now you can work with MailChimp data right in Visual Studio - select data from MailChimp entities and edit it.
MailChimp Data Binding
- Build your data access layer without writing code manually
- Configure dotConnect for MailChimp components in powerful design-time editors
- Bind data grids and other controls to MailChimp data just by configuring the smart tags
- Work with MailChimp data just like with a database
Power of SQL
dotConnect for MailChimp allows you to perform SQL queries against your MailChimp data. Use SQL statements to work with MailChimp accounts, contacts, leads, contracts, products, campaigns opportunities, and other objects.
Our provider offers full CRUD (Create, Read, Update, and Delete) support and allows you to get MailChimp data with SELECT statements and manage data with INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements.
No need to study and use complex MailChimp API, just use familiar SQL statements. You may use complex JOINs, WHERE conditions, etc. - all the SQL benefits, not available with MailChimp API.
Entity Framework Support
dotConnect for MailChimp allows you to access MailChimp data via Entity Framework - Microsoft's recommended data access technology. It supports Entity Framework v4, v5, v6, and Entity Framework Core, and enables you to use the following Entity Framework features with MailChimp data:
- LINQ to Entities (no need for MailChimp API)
- Entity relations with lazy/eager loading
- No need to post each edited/created object separately - a single SaveChanges() call to persist all the changed objects
dotConnect for MailChimp provides enhanced Entity Framework support for MailChimp data with a bundled visual designer for ORM models with Visual Studio integration - Entity Developer. Standard Visual Studio Entity Data Model designer is also supported.