dotConnect for QuickBooks is an ADO.NET provider for working with QuickBooks data through the standard ADO.NET or Entity Framework interfaces. It allows you to easily integrate QuickBooks data into your .NET applications, and integrate QuickBooks services with widely used data-oriented technologies.
dotConnect for QuickBooks has the same standard ADO.NET classes as other standard ADO.NET providers: QuickBooksConnection, QuickBooksCommand, QuickBooksDataAdapter, QuickBooksDataReader, QuickBooksParameter, etc. This allows you quickly get started with it and eliminates the need to study any QuickBooks data access specificities.
Work with QuickBooks Data Easily
dotConnect for QuickBooks makes it simple to create .NET applications in C#, VB, or other languages, working with QuickBooks data. It offers standard ADO.NET interface, and thus it's easy to master it. It's powerful design-time editors together with seamless Visual Studio integration allow you to work with QuickBooks data with less efforts and less code writing. See how easy it is with dotConnect for QuickBooks.
Connecting to QuickBooks from Server Explorer
To create a Server Explorer connection, you just need to:
- Click Connect to Database on the Server Explorer toolbar
- Change Data Source to QuickBooks Data Source
- Specify the login url to the data source, your QuickBooks user id and password
That's all, now you can work with QuickBooks data right in Visual Studio - select data from QuickBooks entities and edit it.
QuickBooks Data Binding
- Build your data access layer without writing code manually
- Configure dotConnect for QuickBooks components in powerful design-time editors
- Bind data grids and other controls to QuickBooks data just by configuring the smart tags
- Work with QuickBooks data just like with a database
Power of SQL
dotConnect for QuickBooks allows you to perform SQL queries against your QuickBooks data. Use SQL statements to work with QuickBooks accounts, contacts, leads, contracts, products, campaigns opportunities, and other objects.
Our provider offers full CRUD (Create, Read, Update, and Delete) support and allows you to get QuickBooks data with SELECT statements and manage data with INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE statements.
No need to study and use complex QuickBooks API, just use familiar SQL statements. You may use complex JOINs, WHERE conditions, etc. - all the SQL benefits, not available with QuickBooks API.
Entity Framework Support
dotConnect for QuickBooks allows you to access QuickBooks data via Entity Framework - Microsoft's recommended data access technology. It supports Entity Framework v4, v5, v6, and Entity Framework Core, and enables you to use the following Entity Framework features with QuickBooks data:
- LINQ to Entities (no need for QuickBooks API)
- Entity relations with lazy/eager loading
- No need to post each edited/created object separately - a single SaveChanges() call to persist all the changed objects
dotConnect for QuickBooks provides enhanced Entity Framework support for QuickBooks data with a bundled visual designer for ORM models with Visual Studio integration - Entity Developer. Standard Visual Studio Entity Data Model designer is also supported.